top of page

Financial Aid Post-Stroke

Hi everybody!

We’ve had a few questions recently on financial aid post-stroke. I’ve researched a few items and would like to share them with you.

First, if a survivor is on Social Security AND had a job pre-stroke, they can claim SS Disability payments. Check out these links:

  • Disability Help Guide: click here.

  • SSDI: Disability Benefits Help: click here.

Second, check out Dr. Elyse Newland and her video on ‘How To Find Financial Assistance After a Stroke’ here:

Third, my prior career was as a Human Resources professional. I want to share some money-saving information. If you have an ADA complaint is regarding an employment matter, file a complaint with your local EEOC Office, rather than calling an expensive for-profit or a free nonprofit attorney. Reason being:

  • It’s a FREE service provided by our government, where they will thoroughly investigate your claim; and,

  • Once the sometimes-lengthy investigation is complete, the investigator assigned to your case will tell you whether you have a case or not! Thus, it will not only enhance your lawsuit; but it will save you the money an attorney would charge to investigate your claim (called Discovery), which the EEOC has already done for you FOR FREE! All your lawyer would do is subpoena the EEOC records!

Lastly, here’s another one, but I will mention - writing a grant is for experts, not novices. It may be worth looking into someone to help you write the grant and explore the information required.

  • USA Funding Applications: click here.

Do you have any helpful hints that would help other stroke survivors, their caregivers and loves ones? Comment below or send us an email here.

Have a wonderful day! Maureen



bottom of page